Re: Redundancy Factor

In a message dated 7/31/99 3:28:05 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
rjbossi(--nospam--at)sonic.net writes:

<< They cannot.  If a city declines (or fails) to adopt a Model Code, state
law
 provides that it is still in full force and effect in that city as if it had
been
 adopted.  Code adoption is always at the state level.  Cities may only amend
 based on local climate, topography or geology to make the Model Code MORE
 RESTRICTIVE.  Less restrictive amendments are never permitted for any reason.
 The 1997 UBC is the legal minimum in California.

 Bob >>

Thanks Bob, this supports the rest of my post as this is what I thought as
well. I still think the best approach for the moment is to shake up the
Seismology committee to be more responsive to our needs.

Dennis