ON-LINE CONVENTION REGISTRATION NOW OPEN

Dear SEAINT List member:

This year the SEAOC 1999 Technical Convention will be held in Santa Barbara. Please mark your calendar for Thursday September 30 through Sunday October 3, 1999. The same group that brings you this List server is responsible for coordinating this year's Convention. And I must say, that it is THE BEST technical package combined with excellent social and entertainment events that I have ever come across.

For the first time, you can register for the SEAOC convention using a secured web site. This new technology makes registering for the convention fast and easy. You can register any time of the day by going to the http://www.seaint.org and click on the Convention link on the left side.

List of papers to be presented, the schedule of tours, events, lunches and dinners is all available for your review on the web site. In addition there will be approximately forty vendors displaying products that you need to know about.

A pre-convention seminar on Seismic Design Manual (Volume 1) will be on Thursday morning. Registration for the seminar is also available on the web site.

If you register on-line, you will get a free CD of the entire convention proceedings.

So, don't wait. Go to http://www.seaint.org web site and register now. Seating to some of the events is limited and available on "first come first serve" basis.

Thank you.

Shafat Qazi, P.E.
SEAINT Admin

p.s. I personally designed and programmed the entire registration site. Feel free to email me any comments that you may have.