Re: Redundancy Factor

Seaintonln(--nospam--at)aol.com writes:

<< I can only speculate a response since the questions have been asked of the
 Seismology committee and they have chosen not to respond or to simply say
 that it was in the code and, therefore, we are responsible to have followed
 the provisions.

 1. We are liable for not complying with the provisions since 1988. Engineers
 are being taken into court to try and prove that their non-compliance to
 ridigity analysis for wood structures with wood diaprhagms was the standard
 of of professional practice. >>

Dennis,

Do you know of any engineer, a practitioner or an EXPERT WITNESS, who has
performed wood diaphragm rigidity analysis on a single family house since the
adoption of the 1988 UBC?

If it is true that engineers are being sued for not having performed the
rigidity analysis, then, I guess we are all going to have our day in court :-<

I hope there are no unemployed, lurking lawyers on this list :-)

Oshin Tosounian, S.E.