From: Khosrownia, Ghassem SPK
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: ???Single line of bracing???
Date: Monday, August 02, 1999 7:26AM

Is a single line of bracing in the load direction allowed by UBC? In the
bracing section of the 1990 blue book (G.1.c) it states that bracing for the
purposes of this section, is what is within 10% of the width. Does this mean
that nothing else outside of this zone is considered a bracing? I have not
seen anything saying that at least two are required in any given line of
load. The building has shear walls in the transverse direction. I know
something is wrong with this design--- I just can't put my finger on it.

Your opinion regarding above is appreciated.

Ghassem.