Re: SEAOC Seismic Design Manual Seminar - Vol. 1

dhight(--nospam--at)triadholmes.com writes:

<< Also:

 Why doesn't SEAOSC video these seminars for those of us who can't make it?
 (SEAOSC are you
 listening?)  These seismic seminars are important and not everyone can
 attend.  It's a six hour drive one way
 for me to attend most of these.

 Debby Hight >>

Debby,
I've tried to get SEAOSC to do this for over six years. The closest I have
come is that the developement of Powerpoint Seminars with multimedia
attachment is in their five year plan as the Powerpoint presentation is seen
to be the "standard" in the industry and easier to place on both a webpage
and on CD-Rom format. Still, we are far from having this as a standard of
practice for all seminars.
If you are interested in electronic seminars, I suggest that you forward you
post to the various boar listservices that Shafat has published on our list.
I will foreward your post to both Shafat and Bill Warren (Computer
Applications Committee Chair of SEAOSC) so that Shafat will repost the
addresses of all listservices for SEAOSC. Bill Warren will be aware of your
suggestion and I hope help him place a priority on the development of these
goals.
Thank you for your comments
Dennis Wish PE