Re: SEAOC Seismic Design Manual Seminar - Vol. 1

Dear Colleagues,

Would you please let us know where to order/purchase this manual?

At 10:30 ?ß?ã 99/08/03 EDT, you wrote:
>In a message dated 8/3/99 9:38:49 AM EST, Bill(--nospam--at)AllenDesigns.com writes:
>
><< There is a repeat of the June 12th seminar on August 7th.
>
> For those of you who attended the June 12th seminar, I ask, is this event
> worth getting up and going into LA at 7:30 am on a precious Saturday
> Morning? Or, is it more like the February SEAOC wood seminar debacle?
>
> With regards to the manual, is it helpful and worth the money?
>
> TIA,
>
> Bill Allen, S.E.
> ALLEN DESIGNS
> Laguna Niguel, CA
>  >>

>It is probably worth your time to go and to spend the money for the book.  I
>would assume the building departments are going to use Vol 1 in the process
>of determining Plan Check Corrections and at least you want to understand
how
>they came up with their reasoning.  The manual is worth the money, since I
>don't know where else you are going to get an explanation for how to
>implement the requirements of Chapter 16, and since when can you buy any
>engineering handbook for less than $100 these days ( I know that some exist,
>but most seem to cost around $100).  It does seem to do a good job
explaining
>how to do tilt-up wall anchorages, which was recent question on the list
>server.
>
>Yes, there was confusion at the seminar back in June, it was the first time
>that SEAOC had given the seminar.  Since then, I know it was presented in
>Sacramento, and I believe it was also offered in San Diego.  I would assume
>things will go smoother this next go around.
>
>Michael Cochran S.E.

Ali Bakhshi, Dr. of Eng.
Earthquake Engineering  Lab
Dept of Structural Eng.
Hiroshima University
TEL:  +81-824-24-7862
FAX:  +81-824-24-7796
E-mail:  bakhshi(--nospam--at)ipc.hiroshima-u.ac.jp