Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Reinforcing Steel Mechanical Splices[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Seaint" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>, "StrucTX" <structx(--nospam--at)mLists.net>
- Subject: Reinforcing Steel Mechanical Splices
- From: "PEC - Lake City" <pec(--nospam--at)isgroup.net>
- Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 05:01:08 -0400
What is the standard practice for concrete cover over reinforcing steel mechanical splices? Since the mechanical splices have a larger diameter than the reinforcing steel, the cover over the splice is less than the cover over the rebar. If the cover is specified as 3", should the nominal cover be increased to perhaps 3.5" to maintain the 3" cover over the mechanical splice? Or is the reduced cover at the splice considered acceptable? David Finley, P.E.
- Prev by Subject: Reinforced Masonry shear walls vs Concrete shear walls
- Next by Subject: Reliability/redundancy factors for non buildings
- Previous by thread: Re: Do not miss this one
- Next by thread: Fwd: Letter from American Engineering Alliance