Re: Sketches in Mathcad

John :

The foundation designs that I do for SAFE Steel Foundation have been setup
in
a 39 page format. Since I do the calculations for between 5 and 10
foundations at
a time and the sketches are generic, usually 5 sketches per calculation,
and repetitive. I do not insert the sketches in each calculation. Instead I
use the insert picture feature so that one set of sketches can be used per
set of calculation in each folder. The sketches must of course be in the
folder with the calculations. This does keep the size of each calculation
down of course it only works if the calculations are repetitive.

These are the *.mcs format drawings that are created with the
"mcstrans.exe" file from an HP Plot file. Unfortunately the original
AutoCAD drawing must be as simple as possible since the translator seems to
have a size limit and my file of simplistic sketches is getting quite
large.

Robert W. Stevens, Jr., P.E.