Re: Sketches in Mathcad

Robert,

It is interesting to note that you are using the mcstrans.exe. I stopped
using that long ago. They seemed too large for such simple drawings.

What I would like to do is place a small drawing in the upper right corner of
any of my mathcad calc sheets that would show "diagramatically" what type of
calculation I am performing. For instance a beam with a cantilever at one
end. When I used the mcstrans format with .mcs extensions I was not pleased
with the simple drawing doubling the size of my file (or worse). I stopped
doing this due to the huge file size.

As it is I often have mathcad files of one to two megabits of space. With the
"simple" drawings it was increasing my file size by double, or more. I would
be very interested to find a method that would place a simple drawing (almost
like an icon) on the calc sheet and not unduly enlarge my finished file size.
Maybe this is an impossible dream.

All of my calc sheets are set up with graphical representations of shears,
moments, deflections, loads, etc. Whatever is important to that particular
calculation sheet. The files can get large very quickly.

John Ott