Sketches in Mathcad

I use Mathcad frequently for repetitive design tasks and I generally try
to include some sketch that explains either basic dimensions and/or
variables since it can be cumbersome to read these calculations for
people who do not regularly use mathcad.

To do my sketches, I use VISIO EXPRESS 2.0. The drawings are fairly
simple but take up about 1/10th the amount of space as an Autocad
Drawing. They take about 5 times as much effort to draw but the file
size is my main concern. Also, once you have a clean drawing, you can
modify it to whatever you are trying to sketch. The biggest problem is
drawing dimension lines and things of that nature where you need to
align tick marks and text that autocad would do automatically.

One problem with Visio and most other picture files you insert in
Mathcad is trying to position them within the worksheet. Everytime I
move the picture it jumps to its maximum size and I am forced to
position one corner of the file and shrink it back down to the size I
need. Anyway hope this helps.

Gerard Madden, P.E.
Civil Engineer, Associate
CRJ Associates