Re: IBC 2000 Final Draft

The final draft of the 2000 IBC can be obtained by contacting ICBO in
Whittier, California. You may want to check out their site at www.icbo.org
for more info.

In regard to any changes to be made to this code. The only action remaining
is the voting on the challenges to the items considered in the last hearing,
in spring of 99 (diaphragm issue is not one of them). The next chance to
propose any new changes will be to the first draft of the 2003 IBC (by spring
of 2001 I believe).

ICBO used to issue such drafts as a supplement to the last published UBC
edition. I am not sure if that is going to be the case with the IBC. If
that's the case, the next cycle of approved changes might be issued as 2001
supplements to the 2000 IBC. I sincerely hope that would be the case, and
when it comes time by jurisdictions to adopt the IBC, they would adopt it
with the supplements. By that time we have hopefully addressed some of the
bugs that were carried over from the UBC to the 2000 IBC.

Ben Yousefi, SE
San Jose, CA