Wire Rope Specifications

Waldemar,

I have several references on wire rope, but they are quite old.  The most
recent one I received in 1985.  In any event, they are:

Tiger Brand Structural and Engineered Wire Products (Rcvd 1985)
Bridon American
80 Hamilton Ave
Trenton, NJ  08611

Bethlehem Wire Rope for bridges, towers, ... (Rcvd 1979)
Catalog 2277

U. S. Steel Tiger Brand Wire Rope (Dated Sep. 1967)
Publication ADUSS 55-2460

U. S. Steel Tiger Brand Wire Rope Engineering Handbook (Dated Oct. 1968)
Publication ADUSS 55-1542-01

U. S. Steel Suspended Structures Concepts (Dated Oct. 1966)
Publication ADUSS 55-1898

ASTM has two specs that might help you:

A931:  Tension Testing of Wire Ropes and Strand.

A603:  Spec. for Zinc-Coated Steel Structural Wire Rope.

Hope that this can point you in the right direction.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Waldemar Quiles wrote:

>>I recently designed a suspension bridge for pedestrians. This type of
bridge is not common for the agency I work for and currently we do not have
specifications for wire rope. Does anybody know where can I find a
specification for wire rope?<<