RE: Spacing of Expansion Joints in R.C Building

What are the building plan dimensions?

Ghassem.

-----Original Message-----
From: Soojin, Hur [mailto:sjhur(--nospam--at)hec.co.kr]
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 1999 7:55 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Spacing of Expansion Joints in R.C Building

Now we are designing a reinforced concrete building as wall slab system
with 30m x 70m (width x length) in Iran which building is
air-conditioned.

Client's consultant insist us to provide expansion joints in
longitudinal direction of building no greater than 30m as per ACI code.
However we can not find out the relevant requirement for it out of ACI.

Is there anyone who know where is the relevant requirement in ACI or in
any other reference? Is there any other solution to eliminate the
expansion joints for this building?

Thanks.