Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Bridge Bearing Pads

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
I have heard that neoprene or Teflon bearing pads are often used for a
"roller" support.  I contacted JVI who sells structural bearing pads, and
their representative was talking about stainless with a mirror finish - not
exactly what I need.

I have seen just a sliding steel-on-steel plate used before.  Does anyone
have a source of something in the middle ground here?  This is a 10' x 100'
steel bridge with 9" x 12" bearing at (4) points.


Ed Fasula