Re: Bridge Bearing Pads

Ed,

Normally sliding plate bridge bearings are frowned upon because of their poor
performance in seismic events.  But if this isn't a concern, you might want to
look up any of the following companies:

American Bearing Co.
Bloomfield, NJ
201-227-6893

Cosmec
Walpole, MA
617-668-6600

Con-Serv, Inc.
East Hanover, NJ
201-884-1430

Merriman
(can't find their number)

Or if you want, I can fax you old details which I have from NYSDOT which show
generic sliding plate bearings that any steel fabricator could manufacture.

Hector

P.S. The elastomeric pads can effectively act as "roller" supports when only
small rotations have to be accommodated and the combined stress from the
compressive deflection and rotation deflection is within allowable.