RE: Mathcad and or Excel

More than just "better looking" calc sheets, Mathcad calc sheets help avoid
errors and should save time in checking calcs.  I've used Excel alot in the
past, but I always require that the formula used be hand typed in an
adjacent cell so that the hard copy includes a formula and the result.  The
problem is that the typed formula may not always match the cell formula.  I
recently did a spreadsheet where I copied a column of formulas to adjacent
columns for repetitive calculations - but I later discovered that I had
accidentally entered hard numbers in two cells such that they overwrote the
hidden formulas and the results were in error.  This was not obvious when
looking at the spreadsheet.  In Mathcad, the actual formula can be seen and
checked directly.  Thus I am trying to transition from Excel to Mathcad, but
it takes some time to develop new templates.