RE: Progressive Collapse Design

I recieved a email from the director of "Explosion Resistant Design Center" at U of MO-Columbia. He informed me that the GSA is currently developing design guides and are in the review stage.

ASCE 7-95 has some verbage and also lists the reference you cited. It also references "Design methods for reducing the risk of progressive collapse in buildings" National Bureau of Standards NBS BSS 98, 1977.

From: Brian McDonald <mcdonald(--nospam--at)exponent.com>
To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: RE: Progressive Collapse Design
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 08:12:00 -0700

If you're interested in a good (but dated) summary of how the subject is
treated in building codes (mostly European), check out "The Avoidance of
Progressive Collapse - Regulatory Approaches to the Problem" by National
Bureau of Standards, NBS-GCR 75-48. My copy is dated October 1975 but maybe
somebody out there knows of a newer version...

Brian McDonald