Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
1633.2.5[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: 1633.2.5
- From: ECVAl3(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 17:06:36 EDT
Since I did not get an answer to my previious question " what is the load combination used for concrete shear walls?" (must be too remedial) I will try another question. The UBC Section 1633.2.5 Ties and Continuity requires the girder, beam or truss ties be designed for a horizontal force of a 0.5*Ca*I times the dead load plus live load. My question is why is the live load included in this force rather than the W load as defined in section 1630.1.1 ?
- Prev by Subject: RE: 1/3 Increase for Wind
- Next by Subject: Re: 1633.2.5
- Previous by thread: RE: Mathcad and or Excel
- Next by thread: Re: 1633.2.5