1633.2.5

Since I did not get an answer to my previious question " what is the load
combination used for concrete shear walls?" (must be too remedial) I will try
another question.

The UBC Section 1633.2.5 Ties and Continuity requires the girder, beam or
truss ties be designed for a horizontal force of a  0.5*Ca*I times the dead
load plus live load. My question is why is the live load included in this
force rather than the W load as defined in section 1630.1.1 ?