Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Butt-Plated Column Splices[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Butt-Plated Column Splices
- From: RainCat1(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 19:09:51 EDT
LRFD Volume II page 11-69 gives typical butt plate thickness as 1 1/2" for W8 over W10, and 2" for others. Is there any method to calculate the required thickness? What about same column splice (same cross sections above & below) where no bending is introduce in the butt plate!? Thanks!
- Prev by Subject: Re: building demolition trough implosion by explosives
- Next by Subject: RE: Butt-Plated Column Splices
- Previous by thread: Re: AISC Seismic Provisions
- Next by thread: RE: Butt-Plated Column Splices