Re: Mathcad and or Excel

In a message dated 8/12/99 6:04:57 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
NRoselund(--nospam--at)aol.com writes:

<< I like the ability to define and keep track of units with Mathcad.  Does
 Excel have a similar capability?  If it does, I haven't found it.

 Nels Roselund
 Structural Engineer >>

No - Excel can not track units. The main differences between the two programs
is that Mathcad is more or less an electronic calcpad that internally defines
and balances units. Excel is a programming tool that allows the user to use a
much wider array of functions, conditional statements and database functions
(lookup table, sorting, array translations etc.).
I don't think I could possibly restrict myself by working with one or the
other. I rely heavily upon both programs as there are simply many things that
Mathcad is incapable of that can only be accomplished - or acccomplished much
easier - in a spreadsheet program.

Dennis