Re: Mathcad and or Excel

In a message dated 8/12/99 11:24:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
JohnOttCE(--nospam--at)aol.com writes:

<< f you are using Excel when a calculation is complex, you can use MathCad
 solve the same problem. I have yet to discover any case that MathCad can't
do
 the same thing as Excel, but much more elegantly.

 If you have a problem that you find difficult to do in MathCad, send the
 problem and your Excel solution to me privately and I will respond with a
 MathCad template to solve the problem, together with a graph, if applicable.

 John Ott

John,

I'm not so familiar with Mathcad because the first thing that I tried it I'm
not so thrilled about it.

Here's the situation:

    Say I want a template for designing steel beam.  After I found out the
Shear   Modulus, Sx, from M/Fb, I want to be able to list the nearest S shape
section     including all its properties; d, bf, tw, tf, I, A, r, etc.

Can Mathcad do this?

Engr. Alfonso S. Quilala Jr., P.E.