Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: 1633.2.5[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: 1633.2.5
- From: Todd.Hill(--nospam--at)theaustin.com
- Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 07:30:11 -0700
I would imagine, since "W" is used for the main force resisting system. "W" does include some live load per 1630.1.1. Which would make me think the code allows for some live load reduction in figuring the main seismic force. For ties and continuity (positive) connections, it would seem the code doesn't allow the live load reduction. ECVAl3(--nospam--at)aol.com on 08/12/99 03:36:17 PM Please respond to seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org cc: (bcc: Todd Hill/we/Austin) Subject: Re: 1633.2.5 Regardless of whether it's different than the 1994 code or not, the question is why is it different than section 1630.1.1 ?
- Prev by Subject: Re: 1633.2.5
- Next by Subject: 1955 UBC
- Previous by thread: Re: 1633.2.5
- Next by thread: Precast walls