Re: 1997 UBC - OMFs

Bill, as Lanny's response to my post pointed out, verify that your building
jurisdiction has not adopted the latest AISC provisions for steel design.  I
verified last night that most of Part I & III of AISC were adopted through City
of LA ordinance - - obviouly so that it could directly accept the regional code
that's coming out.

Regarding it (AISC Seismic Provisions), you may try Steel Design Guide Series
13 from AISC.  While it seems to shy away from using the words OMF, the
referenced requirements for what it call "wind and low seismic regions" seem to
follow the OMF requirements of the AISC provisions  - - and in general, the
guide give more analytical/calc. regarding the provisions, as well as examples.

Regard,
ed gonzalez

>>> "Bill Allen" <Bill(--nospam--at)AllenDesigns.com> 08/12/99 08:05PM >>>
I KNOW this is premature, but are there any design examples out there yet
for Steel OMFs?

TIA,

Bill Allen, S.E.
ALLEN DESIGNS