RE: Mathcad and or Excel

Although the "promise" of OLE (later ActiveX) has never lived up to all the
hype, it has gotten incrementally better until you can begin to use two such
products together.

EDITORIAL ASIDE: OLE/ActiveX is yet another example of Microsoft's "killing"
a far better, but competing product--in this case, OpenDOC, jointly
developed by IBM/Apple/et al--by simply "announcing" that future versions of
OLE/ActiveX were going to do "someday" what the current competition was
already doing.

Since the great majority of the IT world slavishly devotes itself to hanging
on MS' every utterance, OpenDOC was soon doomed.

Had that not been the case, we would today NOT be talking about which
software programs (e.g. Excel or Mathcad) is better suited to certain tasks,
but rather we'd be advising each other as to which OpenDOC objects and
containers we recommend for use in putting together our OWN, individual and
unique solutions.

Microsoft: Happily dragging us back into the 1980s whenever possible
(because, after all, if you have to buy MS version of everything, the U.S.A.
and the world are better off!)