RE: Mathcad and or Excel

The only way that I know of is to use "named ranges": i.e. name a certain
cell "w", and then reference "w" in the formula.

The only trouble is (or this used to be the case, anyway) when you open the
formula to edit it, it automatically resolves the named range to the
absolute address, so while you're trying to edit the formula--the only time
after first entering it that it is vitally important for you to see the
variable name--it is showing you, once again, cell references.

Bother.