Re: Mathcad and or Excel

In a message dated 8/13/99 11:29:38 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
polhemus(--nospam--at)insync.net writes:

<< The only way that I know of is to use "named ranges": i.e. name a certain
 cell "w", and then reference "w" in the formula.

 The only trouble is (or this used to be the case, anyway) when you open the
 formula to edit it, it automatically resolves the named range to the
 absolute address, so while you're trying to edit the formula--the only time
 after first entering it that it is vitally important for you to see the
 variable name--it is showing you, once again, cell references.

 Bother. >>

I believed this has been resolved in Excel '97 at least. Yes, it is a named
range.
Dennis