Re: The Search for Extraterrestrial Life

In a message dated 8/13/99 6:33:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
phil(--nospam--at)joistdesign.com writes:

<< I'm uncomfortable with the idea of my computer "automatically" sending
 information to some one else.&nbsp; I know the SETI people say all that
 is transferred is the results of their own data, but it could include
 other stuff too.&nbsp; Any thoughts?

Phil

I've been using the SETI program for a few weeks now and have logged in close
to 200 hours of processor time. It only automates the process of trading the
results of your process and downloading a new batch of noise. It is
interesting to watch it evalutate the material in a three dimensional graph.
I guess many of us think that we might be the one to find a transmission -
maybe an old "I Love Lucy" episode with aliens playing the roles:>)

Dennis