Loose a file - Go Back in time and retrieve it

On a whim, I purchased a program called Go Back by Wild File and which is
available at Best Buy and most major software discount houses. I've used the
program while installing a new hard drive and now wonder how I ever got along
without it.
writes a copy of all of the changes you made in the process of working. It
copies all of the sector information to a BIN file. The file size determines
how much of a history it can maintain, but using 500 MB I maintained a weeks
worth of information. When you are sure that your computer is running well
and find no conflicts, you can delete the history information and start fresh.
Where it really comes in handy are the times that you corrupt a drawing or
accidently save changes to it and regret it later. Let's assume that you
worked on the Stadium.dwg drawing for two days and then the client decides
that he wanted the version that was done 24 hours ago - reflecting changes
but not as radical as the one you ended up with. Normally, you would have to
either anticipate the clients needs or modify the latest version to return it
to the state it was 24 hours ago.
You can review all of the versions of Stadium.dwg that were maintained in Go
Back's history and retrieve any one of them - including the one you did 24
hours ago. You can save it to a new name or place it in a different location
on your hard drive. Couldn't be easier.

Now assume you installed a piece of software like Internet Explorer which is
a bear to uninstall. Assuming you liked the previous version better, you need
only Go Back in time to a point prior to your installation and return your
hard drive the that state - eliminating all files changed by the installation
and reinstating the previous version.

Assume you created files after the installation that you need to save but you
used Go Back to return your drive to the point it was before the install. All
files from that point forward appear to be destroyed. Not so! Go Back's
history allows you to retrieve specific files created after you reverted the
drive and retrieve those files.

I installed a software than overwrote system DLL's and caused a Blue Screen
Error. Windows error message indicated I should reinstall Windows. No chance.
I rebooted my machine and Go Back gives you the option of continuing with
windows (which would have been fruitless at this point) or to revive your
hard disk to a point before the error occured. This is just what I did and as
files in tact before the crash occured.

If you didn't go back far enough, just click on the Go Back icon and go back
a bit further - sometimes it takes a few tries to get to the precise point
that you want to be at.
problems occured and creates a safe point. It then advises you where the safe
points are so you can return to them in the event of problems.

The program is $49.95 at Best Buy and I serously would not be without it from
now on. I'm not sure if there other programs that do the same thing, but this
one seems to work flawlessly. The only down side is if you are short on Drive
space since the longer you wish to keep the history the larger the portion of
your drive you must reserve. I have not been able to tell how much time I can
get of 500 MB or 100 MB. I use 300 mB on my laptop and reduced the reserve
from 1 gig on my 13 gig drive to 500 MB. So far no problems.
You can learn more about the program at www.wildfile.com.

This one is highly recommended.

Dennis S. Wish PE