Re: dll,exe, ini,etc

When I use "open with" on a file type that I am not sure of , I uncheck the box that reads "Always use this program to open this file type with"
----- Original Message -----
From: Greg Smith
To: seaint
Sent: Sunday, August 15, 1999 10:12 PM
Subject: dll,exe, ini,etc

     Although I know what dll, exe, ini, etc mean, does anyone know where to find a descriptive list of the 10,000 other file types?

Also, some files you use the "open with" and if you don't know what is compatible, then you really fix yourself when you use the wrong one.  A description of compatability would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg