Re: Framing & Walls Below

HELLO:

YES WE FOLLOW THE SAME FORMAT FOR LAYING OUT THE FRAMING IN OUR STRUCTURAL SHEETS.  I HAVE HAD CONTRACTORS CALL ME, CONFUSED ON THE LOCATION OF THE HOLDOWNS.  FOR EXAMPLE IN THE ROOF FRAMING PLAN, WHERE THE HOLDOWNS ARE INTENDED BETWEEN THE TRANSITION FROM FIRST TO SECOND FLOOR (2 STORY STRUCTURE), THE CONTRACTORS HAVE TRIED TO INSTALL THEM FROM THE ROOF MEMBERS TO THE 4X POST AT THE ENDS OF THE SHEARWALLS.  EVEN THOUGH THIS CAN BE A LITTLE CONFUSING TO A CONTRACTOR WHO DOES NOT UNDERSTAND THE SHEAR WALL CONCEPT, I STILL THINK THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO LAY OUT THE STRUCTURAL FRAMING.

HOPE THIS WAS OF SOME ASSISTANCE. GOOD LUCK!

OSCAR C
LOVELACE ENGINEERING, INC.