Wood: Are you as confused as I?????

I've left a number of posts asking for advice on attacking a "U" shaped wood
frame structure by the provisions of the '97 UBC. I did not receive any
answers to my questions which leads me to believe that:
1. Most of you are as confused as I am,
2. You're holding back comments to see until you see if the opinions of
others matches yours.
3. You are tired of my posts (a likely possiblity) and already have me on
your trash list.

So, here is my question for the day:

How many 'small' offices (less than 5 employees) have submitted projects
since the first of July using the new code provisions? What type of plan
check corrections, if any, are you receiving and what are the plan check
technicians asking for?
How many of you have had one-on-one plan reviews and did you have to debate
issues with the plan checker? If so, what was the most confusing issues that
you could not seem to agree upon?

I'm curious since I received calls from three of the six or eight engineers
in my area and so far not one of them is totally clear on how to resolve code
issues.

Dennis Wish PE