Re: Wood: Are you as confused as I?????

In a message dated 8/16/99 9:45:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time, FSRahbar(--nospam--at)aol.com
writes:

<< I understand that City of Los Angeles has adopted the "Wood Diaphragm =
 Flexible" policy, which is great.  >>

This is what I have hoped would happen. However, isn't this against the code
adoption process, where localities must adopt no less stringent code
provisions? Unless, the rigidity analysis in the UBC, as L.A. sees it, was
not meant to be applied to wood diaphragm. Otherwise, it would go against
City of L.A.'s "No rotation or more than 15% cantilever in wood diaphragms"
policy.

Oshin Tosounian, S.E.