Re: Wood: Are you as confused as I?????

Oshin-
You are assuming that designing the diaphragm as
rigid is more stringent than designing the diaphragm
as flexible.  This isn't necessarily so.  Also, the
tools we have to calculate the deflection of plywood
horizontal and vertical diaphragms are flawed when
applied to anything but the most simple of
structures.

Lynn