H/b ratio for Low shear walls

I have a small problem with a project that I am designing. The solution
appears to be much more costly than it is worth. I would like some advice:

The shear in the at one side of the garage is about 1100 pounds. The wall is
not perfectly straight and jogs into the garage - leaving an offset in the
three sections approximately 24" apart. The total plate height in this area
is 13 feet due to a 12' plate height in the main residence and a 12" step
that occurs due to a grading changing into the garage.

There are only two of the three walls that I can use - each one no more than
6'-0" wide, which does not meet the minimum H/b requirments of 2:1. I can not
combine the walls since the jog would not allow me to install holddowns that
are attached to the same wall section.
The center wall panel is long enough to make the H/b allowance, but contains
an 8'-0" x 3'-0" opening for a door. The adjacent panels are no wide enough
to make the H/b requirments and relocating the door in this panel to either
end does not leave enough width to satisfy the H/b requirments.

Since there is only 1100 pounds in the wall, the shear is less than 200 plf
if I only consider one of the six foot piers and less than 100 plf if I
consider both piers.

It does not seem that the code allows for an exception to the H/b allowance
in cases like this where the shear is very low. I'm confident that the
calculated deflection will be much less than the story drift - but the H/b
requirment seems to control.

Are we allowed to exceed the H/b allowance when we can show by deflection
criteria that the wall can be controlled by design stiffness or must I use a
proprietary shear panel, braced frame or moment frame?????

Dennis Wish PE