Re: AISC Section Database

In a message dated 8/17/99 4:48:13 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Francis.Ang(--nospam--at)toyota.com.ph writes:

<< There are other much better methods. I tried to look up on the
 Internet for the data file but without success. Anyway, hope this helps.
 I'll join in the ride with you in looking for the files. Thanks!

 Allan Yango
 CE/SE
 Toyota Motor Philippines

I'm not sure if this is legal, but you might consider scanning the AISC list
and then using OCR software that will maintain columns, convert the pages to
space separated values or comma delimited values. Personally, I don't see the
difference between recopying the values manually or using OCR software to
convert them.
Caution should be taken as you may be comprimising copyright protections so I
would advise contacting a legal adviser to check on your rights considering
that the values themselves are standards which may not be protected by
copyright.

Dennis