Re: Wood: Are you as confused as I?????

In a message dated 8/17/99 11:50:09 AM Pacific Daylight Time, SDGSE(--nospam--at)aol.com
writes:

<< I just received a call from Steve Iconda of the City of L.A., Code
Section,
 regarding my post of 8/16/99 (attached below), which was forwarded to him by
 Henry Wong of the City of L.A. (apparently a lurking plan checker). Mr.
 Iconda asked me why I was making such a statement. My reply was that I did
 not make the statement. I only quoted and questioned what FSRahbar(--nospam--at)aol.com
 stated, and whether it was true. After some discussion about the subject of
 rigid vs. flexible diaphragms, Mr. Iconda denied such policy adoption by the
 City of L.A.

 Mr. Wong, in the future, please forward the complete and uncut posts as to
 who said what.

 Oshin Tosounian, S.E. >>

Well, it's nice to see a building official respond to the thread so
quickly:>). I think, when you consider the layers of personel within a
building department you are bound to get some conflicting statements. Even
more troubling is the fact that one checker may approve flexible diaprhagm
design and issue a permit. He is under no liability, still the EOR is
responsible if at some point a suit occurs where an expert witness can show
that consideration for torsion would have yielded more conservative results.

When the chips are down, it's our butt that's on the line no matter what the
building department allows.

Dennis