SEAOC Blue Book C805.3 Lateral Force Distribution

Fellow List Members:
I just received an e-mail with the "pre-printing" draft of SEAOC Blue
Book C805.3, which addresses the rigid/flexible diaphragm issue.

I feel this is a MUST READ document for all engineers who are concerned
with these issues.

It is clear from this document, that the authors understand the issues
involved.  At this point the document does not really offer any clear
cut guidelines on "what to do".  But it does clearly state the problems
and suggest some ways that engineers may want to approach various design
problems.

I have also received a "preliminary" topic list for the panel discussion
at the upcoming SEAOC convention to be held in Santa Barbara next
month.  It sounds like the panel will be asked to address the very
specific issues that have been brought up here on the list.

I am very excited about this panel discussion, and it could be the
highlight of the conference for engineers who are involved in wood
structures (you concrete and steel guys won't find this very
interesting).

Shafat, is document C805.3 going to be available on the SEAOC web site
so those who are interested can read it?

Thanks

Lynn