Re: Concrete insert

Phil -

	If you cast in a coupling nut attached to a length of all-thread
with a plate washer at the far end, that ought to be able to support
your withdrawl (I assume) load of 16 kips.  Stick a socket-head set screw
in the end & it's flush & (mostly) water tight.

	As far as corrosion resistance goes, not sure exactly how to
solve that.  Stainless coupler, cap screw, & all-thread?  I'm mostly
an academic so no practical experience w/ corrosion issues.

	HTH,

	Charley

--
Charles Hamilton, EIT                   Graduate Student Researcher
University of California, Irvine        Email: chamilto(--nospam--at)eng.uci.edu