Re: AISC Section Database

In a message dated 8/17/99 8:00:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Francis.Ang(--nospam--at)toyota.com.ph writes:

<< As I said, I've known of some who scanned the AISC Manual but it's not me.
 Imagine scanning the whole book!!! What I did was to program everything in
 EXCEL.

 A. Yango
 CE/SE
 TMP >>

But how did you get it into excel unless you input the physical dimensions
and worked out the S, I etc.  The problem is that you need to have an AISC
manual next to you to do this or else enter all the values into a lookup
table. Scanning and OCR seem much more reasonable than even the fastest
typist.

Dennis