Re: 1997 UBC - OMFs

Bill -

We are designing steel OMRF's as in the 1994 UBC, except that we use 1997
loads and multiply them by the Omega factor for the frame design itself.
This is very similar to the LA City requirements that let you design OMRF's
with an Rw=2.67 in the 1994 Code.  This only applies to OMRF's with "flexible
diaphragms" as per LA City.

Bruce Resnick, SE
Parker Resnick Str. Eng.

In a message dated 8/12/99 8:08:34 PM Pacific Daylight Time,