Re: AISC Database Posting

In a message dated 8/17/99 10:10:05 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Parkerres(--nospam--at)aol.com writes:

<< John -

 Before I send these on, let me ask Dennis and Shafat if its OK.  I bought
the
 AISC database from AISC many years ago and it came with a utility to convert
 the database into a Lotus Spreadsheet file (actually 2 files).  I have the
 Lotus files on my current computer.  Is it OK for me to post them up here
for
 others to use - at their own risk, of course, or am I violating some
software
 laws?

 Thanks for your input.

 Bruce Resnick, SE
 Parker Resnick Str. Eng. >>

Bruce,
I don't think it is appropriate from a copyright position unless you check it
out legally. I think that AISC would have licensed their work to be used in
any format that the engineer who paid for the license to translate it into a
format usable in this one office.

I would not want to authorize you to post this as it might infringe upon
AISC's rights. I would hope that we can hear from some experts on this issue.

dennis