AISC Database

A further note on this AISC issue.

It seems that the Database I bought many years ago is still available at
www.aisc.org for $60.00 and can be bought online, as I just checked the
website.  Its still in ASCII format with a BASIC routine to convert it to a
spreadsheet.  This definitely beats scanning and typing.  Beware, though,
that the database contains lots and lots of values for each section.  We
edited out the ones we didn't want in a particular application (i.e. "k",
etc. for simple beam design and so forth), but kept the original file intact.
 It was very flexible.

Bruce Resnick, SE
Parker Resnick Str. Eng.