Re: H/b ratio for Low shear walls

I understand now. I tend to agree since this is the premise that I have taken
with proprietary shear walls. I simply design for their maximum capacity to
resist uplift and know their maximum deflection. I also do not vary widths in
each line of shear on the same panels.
The only issue that remains is what is the relative stiffness of each line of
shear compared to adjacent lines of shear.
Dennis

In a message dated 8/18/99 1:44:53 AM Pacific Daylight Time, SDGSE(--nospam--at)aol.com