RE: Taking Questions for Seismology Submission

I guess it depends on what is meant by "when supported by analysis." If it
is to calculate the shear wall deflection based on the four term equation
found in the UBC standards and compare it to Dm < 0.025 * h, based on some
of the walls for which I have done calculations, h/b = 2 have a difficult
time complying.

Bill Allen, S.E.
ALLEN DESIGNS
Laguna Niguel, CA