Re:Turkey Earthquake - Another Web Site

In addition to the USGS web site at:

http://geohazards.cr.usgs.gov/html_files/turkey.html

I have obtained the following sites from two of my colleagues:

>From Erdal Safak
The Kandilli Observatory & Earthquake Research Institute Bogaziçi
University, Istanbul has set up a site on the the August
17, 1999 Izmit, Turkey earhquake at:

http://www.koeri.boun.edu.tr/earthqk/earthqk.html

>From Mike Machette
Here is the address of the web site prepared by Koji Okumura of Hiroshima
University, Japan, on the  North Anotolian fault.   The epicenter falls
between the two western strands of the fault, apparently near  the Gölcük
town in the western part of Turkey.

http://www.ipc.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/~kojiok/anatolia.htm

Due to heavy demand you might be timed out at any of the sites. Dennis has
already experienced this and so have I.  I have been timed out and gotten
right in within a short span of time.

Good Luck.
Edgar V. Leyendecker                   Telephone:  303-273-8565
U.S. Geological Survey                 Fax:        303-273-8600

email: leyendecker(--nospam--at)usgs.gov

Address for mail:                      Physical address:
Denver Federal Center                  1711 Illinois Avenue, Room 425
MS 966, Box 25046                      Golden, CO 80401
Denver, CO 80225-0046