Re: Masonry design seminar?

Yes, there are two series of seminars or short courses of interest:
    - First, an ACI/TMS seminar on "The New 1999 Masonry Code" is being
conducted in several cities around the country.  This seminar covers the
significant changes to the "The Building Code Requirements and
Commentary for Masonry Structures (ACI 530-99/ASCE 5-99/TMS 402-99)"and
the "The Specification and Commentary for Masonry Structures (ACI
530.1-99/ASCE 6-99/TMS 602-99)".  The cities and dates selected for this
fall series are:
     - Atlanta, GA  -  Dec. 9, '99,
     - Chicago, IL  -  Dec. 13, '99,
     - Cleveland, OH - Nov. 30, '99,
     - Detroit, MI - Dec. 6, '99,
     - Miami, FL - Sept. 30, '99, and
     - Tampa, FL - Nov. 11, '99.
To register for these seminars, contact ACI at 248-848-3815.  If you
have other suggested locations at which you wish to see these seminars
conducted, let Joyce Jackson of ACI or Phil Samblanet of TMS
(303-939-9700) know.

   The other seminar series is entitled: "Earthquake Engineering of
Concrete and Masonry Buildings".  This seminar series being conducted
through the Univ. of WI - Milwaukee, ph 888-545-4700 for details and to
register.  The next one is Dec. 9-10, '99, in New Orleans, LA.  Input to
other suggested cities can be made to Fattah Shaikh (414-229-5195).

     - Max

Max L. Porter, Ph.D., P.E.
Professor of Civil Engineering
Dept. of Civil and Construction Engrg.
Iowa State University
Ames, Iowa 50011
515-294-7456(office)
515-294-8216(fax)
515-292-3321(home)

>>> "Khosrownia, Ghassem SPK" <GKhosrownia(--nospam--at)spk.usace.army.mil> 8/18/99
1:53:10 PM >>>
Is any one aware of any near future seminars on design of masonry
structures
in seismic zones or something like that? We are in the beautiful
Sacramento
located in the Northern California region.

Thanks.