Re: Wood: Are you as confused as I am?

Hey Dennis--
I got a plan check back from P.D. using the 1997 Code.  This was for 2- plan
production homes approx. 2800 SF.  Three corrections: add note regarding
special inspector for welding, etc. (no steel on this project anyway), sign
plans, add note regarding templating AB's, HD's, and column bases before
pouring foundation.
Pretty mild I'd say.  Which leads me to believe the City is shifting all
responsibility for proper engineering to the discretion of the design
engineer.  So why are they charging a plan check fee?
Denise