Re: Water/cement ratio 1997 UBC

I've been specifying concrete via ACI 301 (performance based) for years,
because that's what ACI 301 tells you to do.  About 15 years ago, I was
informed my employer's "spec" writer (I think a charter member of CSI) that I
write the "worst concrete spec he's ever seen."  His judgment was probably
based on the insignificant weight of one sheet of paper, compared to paper
others could produce.  I took it as a compliment.
JPRiley