From: Parkerres(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:Parkerres(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 1999 5:42 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Seismic design of block fences

In a message dated 8/19/99 10:00:42 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
harold.sprague(--nospam--at)neenan.com writes:

<< And as you
 pointed out, the 1997 value is in fact less than the 1994 value.

    Fworking = .14W (1997 UBC)
    F = .20W         (1994 UBC)

 Leaving in the 2/3 factor in the 1997 UBC would have been unconservative.

Harold -

Thanks for the input.  For further clarification, should I be using eq 32-3
where Fwrkg = .29W as a minimum instead of .14W?

Bruce Resnick, SE
Parker Resnick Str. Eng.