Lateral Bracing Steel Studs

I got a lot of good information on lateral bracing design for the bridge
project...so, what is the philosophy on bracing steel studs?  I have a 170'
x 240' sunken roof area to be built-up by using steel studs bearing on
existing roof joists.  The roof diaphragm is supported on all sides by the
existing building, which is at the new raised elevation.

So, theoretically, there is no lateral load on the studs.  Again, to 0.02
factor rule seems too relaxed in this case.  A diagonal drag angle, every
120', can theoretically take the 0.02 force out of the lateral brace member
using one screw.

Ed Fasula